Welcome to the Helston Medical Centre website. We aim to provide all of our patients with a comprehensive range of healthcare services covering one-off problems to longer term illnesses. Feel free to explore the site and find out how you and your family can benefit from our personal and professional approach to healthcare provision.
PROTECTION AGAINST INFLUENZA
Flu Clinics start on Saturday 26 September;
Each year the flu strains change & therefore the vaccine varies.
The Department of Health advise the following patients to take advantage of the annual campaign to protect themselves from flu this winter;
- over 65 years
- who are pregnant
- with chronic (long term) respiratory disease such as severe asthma or COPD
- with coronary heart disease, heart failure, diabetes, liver or kidney disease, stroke, TIA & chronic neurological disease
- who have a weakened immune system due to treatments that suppress the immune system eg chemotherapy & conditions such as HIV
- who are carers or frontline health or social care workers
- children aged over 6 months with a long term condition
- it is national policy to offer annual influenza vaccination in the form of a nasal vaccine to children aged between 2, 3 & 4 years plus school years 1 & 2 on 31 August 2015
- to clarify eligibility the relevant dates of birth are:
on or after 01/09/2010 & on or before 31/08/2013
- all children over this group in at risk category will be given nasal vaccine unless contraindicated
If you or your child is in any of the above groups please phone the surgery to book your appointment.
Improved online access for your convenience
As well as being able to see when we are open at the click of a mouse we’ve made it easier for you to do a number of things. Check out how to order a repeat prescription or cancel your appointment online.
In addition we now have new software (The Waiting Room) that links into our clinical system. Through this you can view and order repeat medication, book online appointments and view areas of your medical record (currently allergies/intolerances). To register for this please contact reception for a registration form. You will need a secure email address in order to register.
Registering is easy with online forms also available and appointment slots to suit most patients’ timetables. You’ll enjoy a confidential service in comfortable surroundings from a helpful and dedicated team.
(Site updated 22/09/2015)